For starters, we sampled a few small plates from their Mezedes menu:
- EOS Sliders, ground lamb sliders with caramelized onions and roasted red pepper sauce
- Feta Saganaki, sesame and poppy seed crusted feta with peppered honey drizzle
- Mydia, P.E.I. mussels steamed in white wine, ouzo, butter, garlic and fresh herbs
- Veggie Moussaka, layers of zucchini, eggplant, potatoes, mushrooms and lentils with béchamel cream
Each of the dishes were delicious. One of our favorites was the EOS sliders. We've had lamb sliders at other restaurants, but these were the best we've had. The sliders were rich and juicy. They didn't last long on the plate. They can easily be a meal on its own since each order comes with 3. While indulging in each bite, we were planning our next visit to the restaurant where we'd order a few sliders along with a glass of Greek wine and enjoy them at the bar.
For the third course, we were presented:
- Papia, char-grilled duck, black cherry and red wine reduction with pine nut rice
- Lahanodolmathes, ground beef and rice stuffed cabbage leaves with creamy lemon sauce
- Ksifias, char-grilled swordfish kebab with lemon potatoes
My favorite was the Lahanodolmathes. This was more of a comfort food to me. The stuffing reminded me of a Filipino dish I enjoy - torta - an omelette made with ground beef and potatoes. The cabbage leaves topped with the tangy lemon sauce was also delicious. I could easily eat a few of these pockets. Fortunately, three are in each serving.
As if we didn't eat enough, we managed to save some room for dessert and ordered some homemade Baklava, layered phyllo with almonds, walnuts, honey and cinnamon. Truly the best we've had in Connecticut.
490 Summer St
Stamford, CT 06901
Tel: (203) 569-6250