They are open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I stopped by on a late Sunday morning. The doors, and sliding windows were open, and all the tables were taken. That was promising. Interior was chic and modern, like any other cafe I dine in when I'm in NYC.
Looking at the blackboards above the coffee bar, there was quite a menu - salad, baked goods, omelets, and a decent selection of coffee. Of course, what caught my eye was the omelet selection:
- Greek (feta, anchovies, fresh tomato), $7.95
- Spanish (potato, onion, green pepper), $7.95
- Western (ham, onion, green pepper), $7.95
- Southwestern (tomato, green pepper, onion, ham, cheddar, sour cream, salsa), $8.75
- Denver (ham, bacon, red & green pepper, hot sauce), $7.95
- Polish (onion, zucchini, shredded potato), $8.75
- Farmers (sausage, onion, red pepper, tomato, jack), $8.50
Anyway, the omelet arrived with a decent serving. Hoping we'd have hash browns as ordered, we got a small cup of fresh fruit salad. The omelet was good. It was my fault for not asking it to be cooked well done, as how I normally like it. The bacon was crispy and meaty. I believe it was Applewood Smoked bacon, which I usually buy at Whole Foods. The multi-grain toast, was just plain toast. The coffee was a bit watery and was lacking flavor.
I'd like to try their pretty pastries as well, and their NY bagel, to see if it really is a NY bagel.
Cafe Oo La La
2325 Summer Street
Stamford, CT 06905
Tel: (203) 353-3300