The second, and last day, of BlogHer Food was chock full of information and insights. Here are a few key takeaways:
- When adapting recipes, ask for permission from the author/creator of the original recipe
- Use social media to promote your brand.
- Use the different social media channels effectively.
- Mrs. Q (@fedupwithlunch): “The power of #socialmedia: you can reach so many, [and more] when you use a hashtag”
- Facebook is for conversations.
- Twitter is for nuggets of information.
- Be careful. According to David Leite (@davidleite), “It can take years to build a reputation, but it can take 2 tweets to lose it.”
- Meridith Goldman: “Develop a good writing voice. Hone your craft.”
- And the three key points made during the final keynote:
- Quality is everything
- Stop giving away the milk so cheaply
- Think outside the laptop!
I’ve learned so much at BlogHer Food 2011. I’ve met a bunch of new blogger friends. I’m looking forward to the next BlogHer Food conference – location TBD.