On the menu are the usual things: tacos, burritos, quesadillas, enchiladas, and tamales. My favorite tacos (probably half of the list) are the:
- Barbacoa - slow-cooked shredded beef
- Carne Asada - marinated char-grilled skirt steak
- Chile Colorado - slow cooked pork in spicy sauce
- Achiote Chicken - orange juice, vinegar & achiote
- Baja Fish - big chunks of fried fish. If you see it available, order it!
|Baja Fish Taco and Barbacoa Taco|
|Half of a Rice Pudding Empanada|
If you've saved room for dessert, I recommend the Rice Pudding Empanadas, $2.75. The empanadas are deep fried turnovers dusted with cinnamon sugar. Inside is a firm filling of delicious rice pudding. Not too sweet, but very satisfying. You might have to share it with someone else.
Uncle Moe's Burrito & Taco Shop
14 W 19th St
New York, NY 10011
Tel: (212) 727-9400