Wasa Flatbreads are made with just a few simple, all-natural ingredients, delicately seasoned and oven baked for a one-of-a-kind taste and texture. This healthier cracker alternative offers endless topping possibilities; they can be used as a blank canvas for creating infinite varieties of meals and snacks that are uniquely your own and are great for entertaining or just kicking up meals another notch.
The first time I had Wasa was a couple years ago, where my friend whipped up a late night snack of Wasa Whole Grain Crispbread topped with a slice of lox sprinkled with dill. Now with the new Thin & Crispy line, there are endless combinations of what you can prepare. My favorite is a simple Caprese. Here's my recipe that will take you about 2 minutes to prepare and enjoy.
- 4 Wasa Thin & Crispy Original flavor crackers
- Mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 tbsp rosemary-infused olive oil
- 1 dozen cherry tomatoes sliced
- 12 basil leaves, washed and patted dry
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Arrange Wasa crackers on a plate. Layer cheese on top of the crackers. Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Top with tomatoes and brush with the rosemary-infused olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Then arrange basil leaves on top.
Simply wash and dry fresh rosemary. Chop and place in a bowl. Pour olive oil and let marinate for at least 30 minutes. For added flavor, heat the olive oil and rosemary in a pan for about 15 minutes.
Do you have your own recipe that you can enhance with the addition of Wasa crackers? Need ideas? There is a Snackspiration promotion on Wasa's Facebook page that encourages people to create their very own Wasa recipe with the new Create-A-Snack app for a chance to win a trip to Canyon Ranch Resort & Spa in Tucson, Arizona.
If you would like to try out these amazing new Thin & Crispy Flatbreads from Wasa, here's your chance! Wasa has generously offered to send a gift package, like the one pictured above, to one of my readers. You can enter up to four times.
- Visit Wasa's Facebook page, use their Create-a-Snack app. Build your own snack, name it and share the ingredients. Leave a comment on this entry telling me what Wasa masterpiece you created.
Extra Entries (make sure to comment below that you did these steps)
- Like my blog's Facebook page
- Follow dee Cuisine on Twitter (@deeCuisine)
- Tweet this giveaway and leave the link in a comment. (Daily) Sample tweet:
I just entered @deeCuisine's #giveaway for a Wasa Flatbreads Gift Package http://bit.ly/rr90efThis giveaway will end on Saturday 9/10 at 8am Eastern Time. The winner will be chosen at random and announced around 10am on Saturday. The winner must respond within 48 hours to claim the prize.
Good luck and happy snacking!
Disclosure: I received a gift pack of Thin & Crispy Flatbread crackers from Wasa in exchange for my review. The opinions expressed are my own and I received no further compensation from Wasa or their representatives.
UPDATE September 10, 2011: Congrats to the winner of the contest, Comment #12: EmmaPeel. Check your inbox. Thanks to everyone who entered. Stay tuned for another contest.