|Zucchini and Yellow Squash|
Broiled or Grilled Zucchini and Squash
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 summer squash, halved lengthwise
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- salt and pepper, to taste
In the Oven
- Oven: Set the broiler on high heat
- Place the zucchini and squash on rack, and with a brush, spread the olive oil on top of each half. Season with salt, pepper.
- Cook for 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
On the Grill
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Spread the olive oil on top of each half zucchini and squash with a brush. Season with salt, pepper.
- Place the zucchini and squash skin side down on the preheated grill,
- Depending on the flame, or heat emitted from the charcoal, cook for about 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender. If you want, flip over - flesh side down to get some fancy grill marks.
|After you spread the olive oil on the summer squash, season with salt and pepper.|
|Broiled yellow squash and zucchini|