Zucchini and yellow squash are in season now. You’ll see them sold at farmers markets and grocery stores at low prices. There are so many ways to cook summer squash, and my favorite, and probably the easiest way, is broiling or grilling them. Here’s the recipe…
|Zucchini and Yellow Squash|
Broiled or Grilled Zucchini and Squash
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 summer squash, halved lengthwise
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- salt and pepper, to taste
In the Oven
- Oven: Set the broiler on high heat
- Place the zucchini and squash on rack, and with a brush, spread the olive oil on top of each half. Season with salt, pepper.
- Cook for 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
- Spread the olive oil on top of each half zucchini and squash with a brush. Season with salt, pepper.
- Place the zucchini and squash skin side down on the preheated grill,
- Depending on the flame, or heat emitted from the charcoal, cook for about 20 minutes, until vegetables are tender. If you want, flip over – flesh side down to get some fancy grill marks.
|After you spread the olive oil on the summer squash, season with salt and pepper.|
|Broiled yellow squash and zucchini|