|Broiled Salmon w/ mesclun|
Mooncake Foods is home-cooked Asian comfort food, as interpreted by a food lover who grew up influenced by the yummy foods of his Spanish Brooklyn neighborhood and the addictive cooking of his Chinese Mom. When I first heard of them, I was saddened to find out they don't sell mooncakes, but that's okay, their entrees make up for it.
Most items on the menu are under $10, and the quality of the food is great. Mooncake Foods offers appetizers, salads, rice plates, sandwiches and desserts.
My favorite menu items are listed below, and all cost $9.25:
- Broiled Salmon & Mesclun Salad, pictured right - Miso glazed salmon, cherry tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, and mesclun with a lemongrass dressing.
- Avocado & Watercress Salad - perfect for vegetarians, a salad made with a 2 halves of avocado, watercress, mesclun, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, with ginger miso dressing.
- Lemongrass Shrimp & Rice Noodle Salad with cherry tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, mesclun, Thai basil, cilantro, jalapenos, and rice noodles with our OIL-FREE Vietnamese ginger chili dressing.
- Short Ribs Shanghai Home-Style - "FINGER and BONE LICKEN" grilled short ribs with sweet chili sauce. It'll be messy eating this, but it sure is worth it. Delicious!
- Grilled Pork Chops with White Wine and Soy Sauce served over rice.
Lemongrass Shrimp Salad
Mooncake Foods has three locations in NYC: SoHo, Chelsea and Hell's Kitchen. Plus they deliver, quickly. I highly recommend them.
263 West 30th St
New York, NY 10001
Tel: (212) 268-2888