My favorite restaurant to eat at for lunch is Markt, located in the Flatiron District/Chelsea area of NYC. Markt serves up Belgian fare, along with a wide selection of Belgian beer. Stepping into the restaurant, you’re instantly whisked to another world. Simple decor, wooden beams and booths, old photos hung on the walls, an expansive bar area with wooden stools, friendly staff, great Belgian food.
My favorite dishes:
- Croque Monsieur, $9 – toasted Paris ham and cheese, pictured below.
- Baguette au poulet – Broodje met Gebakken kip, $13 – Grilled chicken breast with roasted tomatoes and basil mayonnaise on a baguette
- Moules à la Provençale – Provençaalse mosselen, $19 – Mussels with tomato and fresh basil; with frites
- Steak Frites
Dishes my friends love:
- Grilled Sirloin Burger, $15 – One of my friends claims it’s the best burger he ever had; and he’s quite a foodie.
- Croque Madame, $11 – a croque monsieur topped with a fried egg.
Markt is also a great evening spot – for dinner, or just for drinks. But how could you resist having something to eat when you’re drinking great Belgian beer.
676 Ave Of The Americas
New York, NY 10010